Date: Friday 14 February 2020
Time: Doors open 18:45. 19:15 start. Ending 21:00
Venue: Abrar House, 45 Crawford Place, Marylebone, London W1H 4LP
Tickets: £10 + booking fee. Please click here to book your place
Back by popular demand: City Circle’s famous Valentine's Day event for single Muslims!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and with it the inevitable question from family and friends "Do you have a valentine?". You know that you’d like to meet the right person to share your life with, but if you’re Muslim and single, how do you go about meeting somebody on your wavelength?
If your Facebook status is "single", then join us this Valentine’s Day at The City Circle for an evening with Muslims in London and beyond who are thinking about marriage. Our evening will start with a short talk on how to go about searching for the one, with practical tips on how to initiate conversation and build rapport with anyone. If mingling in a social environment isn’t usually your thing, fear not: our facilitator will explain how to go about portraying yourself confidently – even if you’re shy.
We will then move onto a fun ice-breaking exercise to get guests meeting, greeting, and getting to know each other. This will be the perfect opportunity to test out the techniques we’ve just discussed, all in a relaxed, halal environment. You can also ask advice from our facilitator.
After the event, you are welcome to join other guests for dinner on Edgware Road to carry on the conversation (not included in the ticket price).
Please join us for a fun evening, meeting like-minded people. And maybe, just maybe, meet that special person to complete half your deen!
This is a ticketed event. Click here to book your place. All proceeds will go to fund the City Circle's charity projects.
- Advance booking only. No tickets will be available on the door. Chaperones are welcome, but will need to book and purchase tickets in the same way as participants.
- The event is open to all, but please bear in mind that most guests will be Muslim, single, and looking for a marriage partner.
- Over 18s only.
- Please keep things halal, and refrain from any behaviour or comments that might make other guests uncomfortable. If you feel uncomfortable at any time, please speak to one of the organisers.
- Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be shared with other guests under any circumstances. If you want to exchange contact details with somebody you meet, please do so on the night.
- We are asking for the ages and gender of guests at the time of registering purely so that our facilitator knows the approximate age range and gender balance to expect.
- Doors open at 18:45 and the formal part of the evening starts at 19:15. Please arrive no later than 19:15 as late admission may be refused. Street parking free from 18:30.
- Prayer space available.
- If you have any questions, please contact the event organiser firstname.lastname@example.org.