Date: Friday 15 February 2019
Time: 18:45 - 21:00
Venue: Abrar House, 45 Crawford Place, Marylebone, London W1H 4LP
Facilitator: Rooful Ali
Tickets: £10 - Please click here to book your place
Are you single, Muslim and thinking about marriage? Would you like to be able to approach people but you’re uncertain about how to initiate a conversation with somebody for the purposes of relationships? Does the thought of going into a room of singles, or navigating the world of Muslim marriage apps and websites fill you with dread? If so, this is an evening for you!
To mark Valentine’s Day, The City Circle is hosting an evening for single Muslims in London and beyond. Our facilitator will start by sharing his insights from the singles' social scene into finding the one, with 9 ways to succeed in your search in 2019. This is a great opportunity to learn practical hints and tips on the do’s and don’ts in social networking for singles, including how to build rapport with anybody – even if you’re shy. We will then move onto a fun ice breaker to get guests meeting and greeting!
The rest of the evening will be set aside for you to mingle, carry on the conversation with other guests, and ask advice from our facilitator.
You are welcome to join other guests afterwards for dinner on Edgware Road (not included in the ticket price).
This is a ticketed event with all proceeds going to fund the City Circle projects. Click here to book your place.
Rooful Ali is the Founder of Emerald Network, the UK’s longest established social network for Muslim professionals. Seeking to connect people through the arts, business and charities, over the last 15 years he has mastered the art of networking. Through organising events and other initiatives he has made countless introductions bringing benefit to individuals and organisations. Through his network he has gained an invaluable insight into the Muslim professionals’ social and notably the single Muslim scene. He is also an award-winning wedding photographer, capturing moments creatively, and specialising in Muslim weddings spanning diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Advance booking only. No tickets will be available on the door.
- The event is open to all, but please bear in mind that most guests will be Muslim, single, and looking for a relationship leading to marriage.
- Over 18s only.
- Please keep things halal, and refrain from any behaviour or comments that might make other guests uncomfortable. If you feel uncomfortable at any time, please speak to one of the organisers.
- Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be shared with other guests under any circumstances. If you want to exchange contact details with somebody you meet, please do so on the night.
- We are asking for the ages and gender of guests at the time of registering purely so our facilitator knows the approximate age range and gender balance to expect.
- Doors open at 18:45 and the formal part of the evening starts at 19:15. Please arrive no later than 19:15 as late admission may be refused. Street parking free from 18:30.
- Prayer space available.
- If you have any questions, please contact the event organiser firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image credit: Flickr/Kamal Zharif Kamaludin